Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Fun Birthday Party and a Pirate ship



It has been a while since I last blogged. I have so many images that I will try and put them up in the next couple of days. This is my friend Fanny who is a Glamorous eclectic Goddess! It is her birthday here and she is surrounded by admirers.

I got to go on a "pirate" ship. Actually it was one of the merchant ships from Pirates of the Carribean, but none the less it was fabulous! We rode on the Lady Washington, and had a mock canon battle with the ship Hawaiian. We won of course and it was so fun, black powder, fun sailors, and a beautiful day of sun. It was Labor Day weekend and my dad insisted my daughter and I go with him. He is such a mariner lover, he actually did a little jig after we won the battle and the captain put on celebration music.





2 comments:

Julie Charette Nunn, Crow's Daughter said...

Hi Dinea,
What a beautiful picture of Fanny.
The "Lady Washington" was built in my hometown Aberdeen. It is a replica of one of Robert Gray's ships which the country Grays Harbor is named after.
My mother was a great supporter of the project to build this ship.
I am doing well.....peace, Julie

Dinea de Photo said...

Julie,
I love that you have that history with the Lady Washington. I had such a great time on that ship. How fun!
Isn't Fanny radiant in that picture. She is absolutely glowing and it is truly the essence of her birthday party!!!!
I love your blog BTW!
Love,
Dinea