Thursday, November 1, 2007

Gratitude WOW!

WOW!
This morning I received an email from Davina Fear (www.davinafear.com), a Photographer who is absolutely amazing. She told me to check her blog and I did and found out I have been awarded a Davina Scholarship toward the tution of Love Affair (www.loveaffairworkshop.com), the Women's Photography Workshop in NC.

I am so thrilled, stunned, and honored to have received this. I am now working on raising the rest of the funds to go there. It is such an amazing gift to have people I admire believe in me and my work. I am so honored and deeply touched by this!

So Halloween was a BLAST! We went to the Governor's house and my daughter received a book and a chocolate bar, we saw the house of 100 pumpkins, and then trick or treated for a little while as well. The Halloween Fairy decided to come this year too. A child at school told my daughter that if you put all the candy out for the Halloween Fairy she will leave a present, well she did. Almost ALL of the candy got put into a bag and in the morning ***POOF*** there in its place were 2 one dollar bills. My daughter was so excited that she plans on doing this again next year. Apparantly the tooth fairy and the Halloween fairy are friends.

Here are a few cute pics of my daughter as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz.





5 comments:

Davina said...

Dinea, I can't wait to meet you!

Jill Myers said...

Ooo...I love that last Dorothy shot!

Grazier Photography said...

Congratulations on the scholarship, that's quite an honor. You're going to love Davina!

Beaton Photography said...

Congratulations! I love the vintage photos AND your daughter's dorothy photos - really great work!

Jennifer Cook said...

Being from Kansas I just had to comment on Dorothy. That's just too cute!