Monday, March 3, 2008

Music, Art, and Community





Wow, I am so excited the Bridal Tea that my friend Kristi and I put on was a blast. We had such a fun time with all the vendors, people that attended, and the food was fantastic. My absolute favorite violinist, Geoffrey Castle came and played his soulful and inspiring music that literally made the event exquisite. We had some great people involved such as Sylphide Designs, my favorite couture dress shop, Fair Portia, Aspasia Day spa who has the most amazing skin healing techniques, and many more. I will post more about this later. I just wanted to say how great it is to have people work together for a common goal. It is something that is not that common these days, but it is super important. I have such immense respect and love for community and am grateful for the inspiration and beauty that comes from supporting small business and local economy.

This bouquet made by Potpourri Floral is full of spring flowers and I found it to be such a beautiful reminder that spring weddings are such a delight to experience because of the sheer bounty of spring fragrant flowers. I love spring a lot, partly b/c my birthday is in spring and partly b/c it is when we wake up from the slowness of winter to more sunshine.

I am so grateful to have had such a fun time with all of you that attended, and hopefully if you didn't get to attend or want to come to the next one you will stay tuned. The next Bridal Tea is on April 13th. So if you are interested in attending or exhibiting, let me know. This one is sure to be even more fun, with great prizes and more things to see and do.

No comments: