Thursday, August 7, 2008

Wedding at Port Ludlow and Tiffany Blue Ribbons



It is the beginning of August and summer is flying by. Last weekend was the Thurston County Fair and I submitted one of my favorite photos named "Sisters". It is the essence of how I experienced my sister when I was a little girl. I won a blue ribbon (not Tiffany blue though), this is the first time I have ever entered my photographs into a competition and I am honored to have been awarded a ribbon. 
Here is the image...
So, last weekend I photographed a wedding at the Inn at Port Ludlow  and the colors were Tiffany blue, yellow, and white. What an incredible location and color combination! I loved the choice of colors in the wedding and the attention to detail that the bride and the wedding planner Melissa Ryan from Lush Parties and Events in Seattle created. A wedding planner makes a huge difference in the flow of events and it relieves the stress of the day for the bride. I loved the group shots too, over 25 people- a family reunion portrait!!!!! And with a wedding planner there to round people up, it made photographing the must have important shots that much easier on everybody. 
The colors of the bridesmaid dresses were Tiffany blue, such a fantastic combination! 
These umbrellas were on the top of the outside tent, there were also these paper lanterns that were glowing as the day went on.
Inside each bag was a party favor containing Swedish cookies with whipped creme in the cookie and a fluffy cream inside in yellow and blue. The colors actually are Swedish colors, the colors of the flag. 
Check out the cake, it was so fresh, and the glass boats on top were a keepsake from the wedding and part of the theme. 

This weekend I am pretty busy, a Photography workshop in Portland, and a Eco chic and Fair Trade wedding in Olympia at Capitol Lake. The groom is actually kayaking to meet the bride. I will post this wedding for sure as it will be a lot of fun. 

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love my sister!

Anonymous said...

congratulations on your win! What a great image!
~Kim

Miguel P. said...

love the umbrellas! great shot!