Sunday, January 6, 2008

Seattle Wedding Show Fashion

This weekend I went to the Seattle Wedding Show and saw great vendors from around the NW. It was great, with many kinds of cakes and dresses and venues it is almost mind boggling. The dresses and flowers were absolutely GORGEOUS, and I enjoyed the variety of models they had in all shapes, ages, and sizes. My sister is getting married in May of 09 and it is never too early to start planning.

There were some amazing things to see there, especially cakes that defied gravity like Mikes Amazing Cakes with tea cups and saucers. I saw this really sweet cake from Creme de la Creme. They actually made it as a DONATION to the Woodland Park Zoo for their booth. I thought it was exceptionally sweet because they printed the Zoo's logo on the edible paper around the cake with food coloring. I had to check out their booth and was really impressed with their stuff and with the owners, very nice people. I think the zoo sounds like a unique place to get married and a great way to support animal and environmental education. Woodland Park Zoo has the AMAZING butterfly garden which would be a fabulous place for pictures. I spoke with the people at the booth and they were super excited about this cake because of how fast Creme de la Creme was and how sweet it was for them to donate to the Zoo.
My daughter went along as well and had to taste all the cakes at the show. She even brought her digital camera to take pictures of her favorite things, mostly cakes. She said that although all the cakes were beautiful at the show her favorite tasting cake was the Raspberry- Lemon from the Celebrity Cake Studio in Tacoma. I love the Pink Champagne though, it is wonderful, and I usually don't like to eat cake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey sis. Looks like you guys had a great time at the show. We went on Sunday. Got a lot of great ideas. The dress is going to be a hard one to find! Love you!
Becca